Super Simple Checklist for Ongoing Social Media Activity
I drafted this up for folks within my own organization who were afraid to ‘jump in’ and get started with social media. This list is VERY basic, but I find it helps for social media newbies.
- Send out helpful, interesting Tweets anywhere from 3-6 times a day (using original content from your organization – or that you create yourself on a blog or via video). A good rule of thumb is 50% original content, 25% responses or re-tweets, 25% sharing links and other insightful content.
- Respond to the feedback and/or questions left on your groups or other sites within 24 hours
- Scan industry and professional blogs to learn new things and for ideas as well as possible cross-posting/comments and to share on your social sites
- Create weekly social media content calendar – this outlines what kind of content and topics you will thread throughout your social sites each day.
- Use this content to update Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and any other social sites.
- Write 2 to 3 blog posts – if you have a blog
- Measure group/page analytics and track against previous month – pay attention to what works (and what doesn’t)
- Make a list of important activities/milestones for the coming month – and add it to your weekly calendar where appropriate.
- Comment on 3-5 external blog posts a month with relevant, insightful input, questions, remarks
As it happens
- Upload photographs to Flickr and/or Videos to YouTube that are business-oriented and that help sell product or service, or that represent activities.
- Share interesting content and ideas as you come across them throughout your social networks and sites
Like I said, super-simple. There is so much ‘noise’ out there, sometimes I just like to go back to basics.