Checklist for Ongoing Social Engagement
It’s easy to get overwhelmed with social engagement activities, causing a loss of focus and time. For this reason, I created a social engagement cheat sheet to help myself and others in my organization stay focused. This pretty much sums up my core activities to staying socially “committed.”
Obviously there is a lot more that can be done, but this is a good start. Not only does this help to create clarity and focus for the team, it provides clear instructions on for those new to using social tools for engagement (at least initially).
Doing this in a distributed fashion by creating a small ‘team’ of individuals so you can divvy up the work is optimal. Remember, a team can be as small as 2 people. Engaging others in your organization is also a covert operation to create a more ‘social’ culture (but that’s a topic for another post).
Checklist for ongoing social engagement
Use a Social Content Calendar:
- Use the social content calendar to understand what corporate social content and activities are being posted throughout our networks. Re-purpose posts or simply share and comment on a regular basis.
- Regularly update my company’s LinkedIn profile with news and information about my organization
- Visit LinkedIn.com ‘Answers’ and answer 3-5 questions per week
- Update my Facebook business page several times a week (at a minimum) with insightful and relevant information, questions and/other activity that my audience actually cares about.
- Share helpful, interesting Tweets at least 2x per day
- Engage or give a shout-out to others by responding and/or sharing their tweets or mentioning them on #FollowFriday (see Mashable post on this)
Blogging and Link Love
- Write 2 to 3 blog posts a week
- Comment on 5 blog posts a week
- Share links to 3-5 blog posts (from others) on appropriate social networks
Photos & Video
- Upload a series of short (90 sec-2 min) YouTube videos that to provide value to our audience
- Upload all public photographs on Flickr or Picassa that help demonstrate the value of my product/service or help make my company more approachable. I will share these on my website, blog, and other social networks.
- Post content to Slideshare once or twice a month. I will share these on my website, blog and other social networks.
Comments, Responses, Questions
- Respond to all valid, respectable comments, responses, questions within 24 hours. These come in many forms and I will scan all of my social networks and communities daily.
- Use a tool like Social Mention to scan conversations regarding my organization, product or service to see if there is opportunity to connect/respond to highly engaged individuals