I am a passionate, soul-driven entrepreneur working to help individuals and organizations understand why community is at the core of everything we do. Community is the way – for us as individuals, organizations, and entrerpeneurs – as humans. I have worked for nonprofit organizations for more than 20 years, mostly as a digital strategist. Check out my profile on LinkedIn if you want to learn more.
How can I help you on your journey?
I am a community builder. I am an inspiration curator. I am an idea engineer. I help others see possibilities.
Whether it is helping someone learn and grow, working with organizations to help engage and grow their community, or simply uplifting others in small but meaningful ways – I believe that we all have a responsibility every day to make it really matter. The good news is that with each new day, we have yet another opportunity to get it right.
Professional Awards, Recognition, Accomplishments
- 2018 Gold Award Winner for Association Media & Publishing: The Taproot Podcast
- Award Winner 2018 Excellence in Communications from the Society of New Communications Research: The Plantae Community
- ASAE recognition of Plantae: http://associationsnow.com/2016/03/great-ideas-2016- highlights/
- ASAE mention in “Member Surveys and Beyond” for innovative membership work: http://www.pcma.org/Convene/Issue-Archives/July-2009/The-Message-is-the-Medium.htm
- Feature Story: PCMA Magazine, Jul 09: “The Message is the Medium”
- Cover Story: EXPO Magazine, October 2001: “Moving at Web Speed” (www.expoweb.com)
- Award: 2001 WEB award for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development: Web Marketing Association
- Award Winner: GWSAE Ten Cool Virtual Tradeshows: 2001
- Scoped and implemented first ever tradeshow exhibitor/product management system for CES in 1999
- Scoped and developed award-winning Intranet for CTA (formerly CEA) in 2000
- Scoped and developed first ever online peer-reviewed journal (OpticsExpress) in 1997
- Speaking engagements: ASAE, STM Publishers Conference, Digital Summit, IAEE, International Plant and Animal Genome Conference